Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We're Home!

Justin and I are finally home. It is so weird to be home and have to cook, do chores, and work, after a week of not doing any of it! We have had a very busy and exciting week, to say the least! Justin and I woke up Wednesday morning to the sound of running water, so Justin jumped out of bed and went to see where it was coming from. Come to find out, it was coming from the fridge in our kitchen. The tube behind the fridge that carries the water to the ice maker and the water dispenser had split open. There was about an inch or more of water in the kitchen and in our laundry room. Now, we obviously weren’t too excited about this, but we were glad that it didn’t happen after we had left town. So, we got some towels and the mop and cleaned it up and then we got ready to go. Justin and I spent Wednesday and Thursday in Saint George. Then we were in Salt Lake City, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We weren’t supposed to come home until Tuesday, but it had rained quite a bit all weekend, so we decided to head back and just spend a day at home. I haven’t uploaded any of the pictures yet, but I will try to get them up tomorrow. It was nice to get away and just enjoy some time with each other and visit some friends and family though. I finally got to meet some family from the Berrett side. We stopped in Orem on Monday and visited Mark and Lila. (Lila is Justin’s aunt on his dad’s side.) I have only met one other relative from the Berrett side, so it was nice to meet some more family.

Wednesday we went shopping, went to a BBQ, went to Cold Stone with Casey (Justin’s best friend) and Jamie Lee, watched “What Happens in Vegas” with Julie (Justin’s little sister), played rock band until about 2 a.m., then we went swimming. It was a long day, but it was nice to just do whatever we wanted to and not worry about waking up and going to work the next day.

Thursday we went to Zion’s and went hiking with Casey. We did not make it all the way to the top, because I got sick, but we still enjoyed the scenery. After the hike we went out to dinner with Julie and then we hung out at her apartment and met her roommates. It was actually a lot of fun. Then we went back to our apartment and got our stuff together, so that we could leave in the morning.

Friday: Well…we got a late start because we slept in, so we arrived in at my brother’s house in Salt Lake around 4 p.m. We got ready and went out to dinner at Red Robin. I haven’t seen my brother and sister-in-law since May, so it was nice to see them and catch up. After dinner we went back to their house and watched movies and ate ice cream and junk food.

Saturday: We went to Raging Waters (it was like a mini version of Wet-n-Wild) with my brother and his wife. The water was freezing, but we still had a lot of fun. After the park closed, we went back and showered and got ready and went to Olive Garden. Then we went home and slept.

Sunday: We visited my Grandma Lota, Aunt Fika and all of her kids. It was so fun to see them; they all have such funny personalities. We went home after visiting for a while and ate dinner with brother and sister-in-law. Then we just sat around and visited with each other some more.

Monday: We were supposed to go to Lagoon, but it was raining!! So, I had Bridget (my sister-in-law) color and cut my hair. She works at a salon in Utah, but she also has a salon in her house! She darkened my hair, put in a few highlights, and cut my hair. I think she did an awesome job! I absolutely love it! Thanks Bridget! Robert (my cousin), Jamie (his wife), and Paityn (their adorable daughter), came over to visit. It was so fun to see them! We haven’t seen them since last August! Justin and I decided to head back to Las Vegas after visiting with Jamie and Robert, so we loaded up the car and said our goodbyes and left. We stopped in Orem to buy tomatoes and peaches for Justin’s dad and then we went to visit his aunt Lila and her husband Mark. We were there for about a half hour and they got back on the road. We got home at about 11:30 p.m. and went to bed!

Tuesday: Justin and his dad fixed the fridge line and did some other repairs on our house. We did all of the laundry and unpacked everything and just enjoyed our last day of vacation.

I know we didn’t do too many wild and crazy things, but we had a lot of fun. The best part was that we got to spend a whole week together doing whatever we wanted to, we haven’t been able to do that before now. Thanks babe for working so hard, so that we could go on vacation! I hope we can do it again soon!

No comments: