Monday, September 15, 2008

Job Update

After about a year of thinking about….Justin has finally decided to test to become a Corrections Officer! He seems pretty excited about it, and I am just glad that he is happy. The good thing is that he will be working with the same people he works with now and he all ready knows how the jail runs and the set up of everything. He has definitely been a lot more motivated to go to the gym, since he has made the decision to test, which was a huge shock to me! ( Now, I don’t mean this in a mean way, but anyone who knows Justin well, knows that Justin does not like to run or work out, at least he didn’t used to) I am so proud of him! He has been going at least three times a week and is doing really well. He is definitely in better shape than I am. His test is on October 28, 2008, I am sure he will get the job he is such a hard worker and is so persistent!! He is definitely looking forward to the pay increase, which will be nice, but I am more excited for a new schedule! Hopefully, he gets a good one and we can spend more time together. Now, Justin was quick to tell me that he could work 15hours/day all week long, if he wanted, because there was so much overtime available, but I was quick to tell him “NO”. Maybe if he was single, but he’s not! He really doesn’t want to work that often, he just likes the money! (Not that he spends it! He loves to save it, which is a good thing, because it’s for our kids! It’s for when we get older too! I am so lucky that he is so financially smart and such a hard worker!! He is such a good provider and just a great husband!) Well…we still have a little over a month, but we will keep you updated. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: