This is the newest addition to the family. Her name is Andi Berrett. She was 6lbs 7oz and 19 inches. She’s gorgeous!! Welcome to the family!
Monday, November 24, 2008
These last few months I have been thinking about my life and the decisions I’ve made, the things I’ve learned, things that I regret, all of the many blessings I have received and not fully appreciated them or even seen them as blessings at the time. I think sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in all the glam and glitter of the world and not realize what is truly important. Thanksgiving is this week and it has really got me thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for. I remember when I was in young women’s I was asked to give a talk on gratitude in sacrament meeting, now public speaking never has and probably never will be my favorite thing, but I really learned a lot while preparing for this talk. I went through old talks and my scriptures and I don’t remember what book I read it in, but it talked about thanking Heavenly Father for the small and simple things of life, such as the weather, a beautiful sunset, birds singing, and I just thought I really do take so many things for granted. It also talked about being thankful for our trials and sometimes I have a really hard time with that, but they really do make us stronger, and usually helps us develop a stronger relationship with our Heavenly Father.
I am so thankful for the gospel in my life! I honestly don’t know where I would be without it, but I know it probably wouldn’t be good. I am so thankful for the temple! I love the peace and comfort that I feel when I am there, it is truly overwhelming. I love that I get to be with my family forever! I am so thankful for prayer. It is so nice to know that I can go to my Heavenly Father with everything and anything and know that he is there and understands exactly how I feel. I am thankful for our Prophet and all the leaders of the church and all of the time and effort they put into their callings and the guidance that they give us. I am thankful for the scriptures. I know if you pray and ponder about the things you read, they will strengthen your testimony and increase your knowledge and bring you closer to Heavenly Father. I am thankful for my husband. He is such a wonderful man, he takes such good care of me and is such a good example.
I am thankful for my home and to have a job, especially through these hard times. I am thankful for my family and their unconditional and willingness to help and support me. I am thankful for the Atonement. It is so comforting to know that even though I’m not perfect and I make mistakes that I can repent and return to live with our Father in Heaven. We really are blessed each and every day. It’s a blessing to be able to wake up every morning and a blessing to have nice weather, when others are losing their homes to wild fires, hurricanes, and tornados. I encourage you to just take a little time every day to appreciate the small and simple things it really will help you have a better outlook on life. I am sorry if this seems like I’m preaching or if you think that I shared a little too much, but I do hope you “Find Joy in the Journey”.
I would also like to thank Susan Budge for sharing her testimony with me and encouraging others to do it. We really should strive to share it as often as we can.
I’ve decided it’s a lot easier for me to just blog a short little summary of what has been going on in our lives. So here it is…
· November 11th, 2008, I didn’t have to work because it was Veterans’ Day, so Justin and I got to spend the whole day together! We went with our realtor and looked at a few houses, visited family, got some things done around the house, and then we watched a movie and just relaxed. It was really nice!
· November 15th, 2008, Justin and I put up all of our Christmas lights and decorations. I know we’re a little early, I really did try to wait until the day after Thanksgiving, but I have been so anxious. We haven’t turned the lights on outside yet, but they will be on the day after Thanksgiving. What can I say? I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I will put some pictures up soon! Now, we don’t have a whole lot, but this is only our second Christmas being married, so we’re just slowly trying to accumulate things. We try to just wait for the after Christmas sales. We’re frugal, but it’s all good.
· November 21st, 2008, I went and watched “Twilight”, with my little sister Autumn, I thought it was cheesy, but cute. I have not read the books yet, but I am planning to soon. After the movie I went home and finished making Julie’s Bridal Shower invitations. They are really simple, but I think they turned out pretty cute. Now, I just need to finish planning the rest of the shower.
· November 23rd, 2008, Afton and Brian had their first baby girl! Her name is Andi and she shares her Birthday with her dad! What a great birthday surprise, huh? We invited my parents and my sister over for Sunday dinner and dessert. It really is so nice to have family so close by. Justin loves to visit people on Sunday or invite them over for dinner. We invite his Grandma over the most, but every once in a while we’ll have our parents over too. Usually if we don’t invite anyone to dinner, we’ll try to go and visit. Most of the time we end up at one of our parents houses. I really do feel so blessed to have so many family members close by, but it makes me miss the one who aren’t even more.
Okay, so I know my life is still not too exciting, but maybe one day it will be. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Well…these last few weeks have been somewhat busy.
· October 13th, Justin called me at work and said, “We’re going to Mexico!” I was a little confused, but then he explained himself. He said, “I booked a cruise with Carnival for the two of us for February 9th-14th.” I am so excited! Neither one of us has been on a cruise, so I’m sure it will be a blast! Happy valentine’s Day to us :)
· Justin turned 24 on October 22nd. I decorated our room and made a cheesy poster in the morning and then after work I bought him pizza, banana cream pie, and candy, and went to the drive –in. I know it wasn’t anything too luxurious or spectacular, but we enjoyed it and Justin is a really simple laid back guy, he doesn’t really like fancy food or anything super flashy! We watched “The Express” and “Lake View Terrace”. It was a lot of fun, neither one of us has been to the drive-in for years and we had never been together.
· Justin tested on October 28th and passed his written, physical, and oral exams, so if his background check and polygraph go well he will start the academy in March. I am so glad that he passed and that the tests are over because he was so stressed and to be honest I was stressed because he was!
· On October 30th I found out my brother Kitita and his wife Bridget, are having a BOY!! And…that my brother Anthony and his wife Stacey are expecting! I seriously feel like everyone is having babies right now! Justin’s sister Laura just had a little girl in August, and Afton, Brian’s wife is due at the end of this month, my cousin Luse just had a little girl in October, and I have three more cousins that are due in January! And…Justin and I have quite a few friends that are expecting. Apparently there is a baby race going on and nobody told me!
· October 31st, I went to Warm Springs with my in-laws and enjoyed the cool weather, the food, and the company. I got to see all my cute nieces and nephews in their Halloween costumes. Hanna was a cheerleader, Trevor was Iron Man, Kylie was Cinderella, Natalie was Piglet, Brielle was a skunk, and Sadie was a pea pod. They all looked adorable and had so much fun swimming and eating all of Grandma’s yummy snacks!
So…Justin’s little sister, Julie, is engaged! Mckae proposed Saturday and she said yes! We are so excited for the two of them. They are getting married on December 19th, so they’ll get to spend Christmas together as husband and wife! CONGRATS you two! We love you!