Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Justin had to work this Thanksgiving, but he didn’t have to go in until 4 p.m., so we were able to eat with his family at 1 p.m.. This was the first time in the last few years that we haven’t eaten more than once, which is probably a good thing :) We usually eat with both families but this year my family was in Zion. We would have to loved to be there, but it just didn’t work with our work schedules. Justin and I were so glad that his family decided to eat early, so that we could be there. The food was delicious!! Laura made the turkey and lots of yummy pies and Justin’s mom made home-made rolls, stuffing, and lots of other yummy things. It was so nice to sit down and spend time with the family and talk about what we are all thankful for, although, we did miss Julie, Mckae, Brian, Afton, and the kids. After we ate we headed back home, so that Justin could go to work. After Justin left I went shopping. I found a few things here and there for me, for the house, and Christmas gifts for the family. I really wasn’t to o impressed with the sales this year though. Michaels had an awesome sale on picture frames though, so I made sure to stock up. After a few hours of shopping I went back to Justin’s parents and helped his mom and Laura stencil and stamp Julie’s wedding invites. They turned out so cute!! Justin had to work until 7 a.m., yes, 4 p.m.- 7 a.m., that’s 15 hours!!! He was happy to get the overtime and he was especially happy that is was Holiday pay! Now, I can’t say I was too excited, but I am thankful he has a job, I just hate to be home alone. So…I watched “Prince Caspian” and waited for him to come home.

Saturday, we went to Best Buy, Walmart, and Kmart, we were trying to find Rock Band or Guitar Hero bundles and we did, but we didn’t end up buying either. We would still like to get one, but we decided to wait a little longer. We did get a GPS though and we really like it.

Overall, it was a good weekend. We didn’t do a whole lot, but it was nice to just have time off and get some things done. I have some pictures and I will try to get them posted A.S.A.P.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I'm glad that you and Justin were able to spend Thanksgiving with family, despite work! And I totally understand about the double dinner thing; Jeff and I do it every year.