Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mckae and Julie Ballard

Man oh Man, these last few weeks have been a bit chaotic with Christmas, buying another house, and Julie’s wedding! Friday we drove up to Saint George for Julie’s wedding brunch and sealing. It was a beautiful sealing and Julie looked absolutely gorgeous. Justin and I were so glad that we were able to take time off of work, so that we could be there. After the sealing we took pictures and it was FREEZING!! The kids were shivering and crying and asking us to take them home, it was pretty funny and sad. I am so glad that Justin and I got married in the spring. After the pictures we went to the stake center and put some final touches on a few things for the reception and then the reception started. The decorations looked awesome! She had beautiful backdrops and center pieces and a cute slide show playing. Justin, Brian, and I decorated both Julie and Mckae’s cars it was a lot of fun, but unfortunately Mckae’s mom removed some of our decorations before Julie and Mckae got to see it, but thanks to Darin we have pictures. LOL! The reception ended and at 8:00 p.m. and then we tore everything down and packed it all up and headed back to Vegas. Justin and I didn’t even unload the car when we got home because we were so dang tired! We just went straight to bed. Saturday morning we got up unloaded the car, got ready, and did a few things around the house, and then Connie called and asked us to come help set up for the Open House. Jo and I decorated the church and taste tested all the food :) They had a nacho bar and it was delicious!! There was homemade salsa and guacamole, refried beans, jalapenos, olives, and lots of other yummy dips. And for dessert there was strawberry short cake and slush! Everyone went back for seconds and even thirds :) They had a really good turn out and I met a lot of old family friends and Justin got to catch up with them. He really enjoyed seeing them and talking to them about their lives. The open house was supposed to end at 7:30 p.m., but people were there until after 8:00 p.m.. As soon as it ended we packed it up again and cleaned up again. It was a really nice wedding and weekend, but I think we’re all glad that it’s over and that Mckae is officially part of the family.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Oh, I love weddings! I'm sorry it was so cold though. Jeff and I were married in St. George near the end of December, but we were really luck in the marvelous weather. I was pretty comfortable in short sleeves!
It sounds like everything went really well. I think it's funny that Mckae's mom took some of the car deco off.
I wish I had someone close getting married so I could help with their wedding!