Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Birthday Madness!

I have decided that I go through my blogging phases. Sometimes I just feel like I don’t have anything exciting to write about, but I am going to try to make my life a little more exciting, so that I do have more to write about.

Well…Monday October 6th, 2008, was my 21st birthday. I can’t believe that I am 21!! There are days I still feel like I’m 17! Time just flies by, this is the third birthday I’ve spent with Justin and that just blows my mind! He has done such a great job every year to surprise me and treat me like a queen. For my 19th birthday Justin took me out to dinner, the mini grand prix and a movie. He also had little surprises/gifts that he gave me throughout the night. The first one was when he picked me up at my house, he opened the door and there was a pretty gold anklet on my seat that had a piece of paper that said. “My heart is chained to yours.” We went to dinner at Outback and just talked and had a good time. After dinner we went to the mini grand prix to kill some time until the movie started. We weren’t there too long, then we watched “Grid Iron Gang”, which was a lot better than I had expected. We made our way back to the car and there was another surprise on my seat! Justin bought me some really cute strappy shoes, on the shoes there was a piece a paper that said,” I’m so glad that you walked into my life!” I was so surprised he found such cute things and put little sayings on them, but I knew that he had to have had some help from Julie and his mom. (They are both so creative and crafty!) The surprises continued throughout the night. I got a crystal candy dish with some of my favorite candies and it said, “You’re the best treat there is”. Now, I know some of these are cheesy, but I still thought they were so cute! Then I got a cute long sleeved shirt and the saying said, “Happy Birthday covers is all!” Now, I thought this was the last one but I was wrong. It was getting late and Justin was getting ready to take me home, he turned to me and said, “I have one more, but we’ll have to look for it.” I was so confused! We looked around his house and then he said, “I think we need to look at your house”, at this point I was so lost and racking my brain, I couldn’t imagine why he want to hide something at my house, so we left and as soon as we arrived he starts to look in the bushes and all around the outside of my house. I finally asked him what it looked like, and he said, “Well…it’s in a little black box”. My heart literally stopped! Once, I caught my breath, I though well this is an interesting way to propose, but I’ll go with the flow. He finally pulled out the box from the back of his truck and tells me to close my eyes. (Now, I could hear him getting down on one knee and I was freaking out!!) I finally opened my eyes and…it was just a watch. It was a beautiful gold heart shaped watch that had a quote that said, “The best time of the day is the time I spend with you”. Justin was laughing so hard and he just kept saying over and over again, “You thought I was going to propose”, and then just laugh some more. He later explained to me that he just needed to get a practice round in. I didn’t think that was the best explanation, but it definitely is something I’ll never forget.

For my 20th he took me shopping and out to dinner and he planned a surprise party for me. He invited a bunch of our friends over for a game night and he even made me a birthday cake! It was a lot of fun!

This year we went shopping and out to dinner. After dinner we passed a few slot machines and thought we’d try it. This was the first and last time for both of us. We played the quarter, nickel, and penny slots and lost everything! We only put in $3.oo and we did have our winning streaks, but we would just play until the money was gone. I am sure if we had more money on the line, we wouldn’t have been as careless as we were. We both decided that gambling really isn’t that exciting; I don’t know how people can do it for hours and hours. I guess if you are always winning you might want to play more often, but how often does that really happen? After cutting our losses we went and rented a movie and just cuddled at home. Doesn’t sound too exciting, but it really was a nice birthday.

No comments: