Monday, October 27, 2008

Nusery

Justin and I were called to Nursery in our ward about 4 months ago and to tell you the truth I was really excited that we got to serve together and that we got to work with kids! But…I didn’t know that there were 5 nurseries in our ward! There are actually 3 now and we have the largest and youngest group of kids. I would say on an average week we have about 22-24, but there are more coming in soon and more and more families moving in! Every Sunday we go home unbelievably exhausted. We eat and then head back to bed for our “Sunday Nap”. We have had a lot of people say that Nursery works better than Birth Control, but surprisingly it only makes me more eager to have children. It is so fun to watch them learn, play, and interact with each other. Now, don’t get me wrong I know it’s not always sunshine and rainbows, there are weeks I come home with boogers on my shoulders, pee spots on my skirts, and bite marks, and I seriously start to rethink having children anytime soon, but…I get over after putting on some clean clothes and taking a nap. Another thing I love about Nursery is watching Justin interact with all of the kids, he is pretty serious sometimes, but for the most part he does well to play with them and comfort them when they’re sad. It is so cute! If you are newly-weds in the Sierra Ranch Ward, BEWARE! I still can’t decide what their thinking is when they call us to serve in the nursery. I don’t know if they are encouraging us to start having kids sooner or later…??? What do you think?

No comments: