Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Weekend...

This weekend was actually quite eventful. Saturday, Justin and I looked at a house, went running at the high school track, went shopping for a bed for our spare room, met Julie’s new boyfriend Mckae, and then I cleaned my house and my parents came over with my birthday presents and we watched a movie and had dessert. It was so fun! Sunday, our niece Sadie was blessed. She is so cute and her dress was beautiful. My mother-in-law has some pretty awesome sewing skills. She never fails to amaze me with the things that she can create and in such a short time frame! After church we went to Laura and Reid’s for lunch. They had tacos, homemade salsa, homemade guacamole, Texas sheet cake, pumpkin cake, and frog eyed salad! YUM! Everyone went back for seconds and some of us snuck a few more platefuls after that. It was a lot of fun to spend time with the family and eat all the yummy food. After visiting for a while Justin and I went home and took our Sunday nap and then Julie and Mckae came over to play games and have some more dessert. We had a blast! We played Guesstures and Catch Phrase and then just talked about life and got to know Mckae a little better. Unfortunately, Julie and Mckae had to head back to Saint George because they both had school and work the next day, so they took off after our visit. Hopefully, they’ll come back soon and visit or we can go up visit them. It is so nice to have both mine and Justin’s family nearby and to have so many friends in town that we grew up with. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends. It’s nice to know that we’re all here and support and help each other out and just enjoy each other’s company.

No comments: