Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where and How We Met

Well...Justin and I met on June 27th, 2007. It had been a long day and I was not in the greatest mood. I went home after work changed into some basketball shorts and flip-flops, so that I would be comfortable and so that I could go running at the high school after class. It was a Tuesday, Institute had just started for the summer and I had been going for the last few weeks. Not too many people had been coming, but this week there were a ton of people. ( Which I definitely wasn't expecting, otherwise I might have made an effort to get ready. But...I wasn't looking to get into a relationship anytime soon.) Class started and people were still sneaking in for about the first 30 minutes of class. Justin happened to be one of them. He came in with a friend and they sat down together and class continued. I noticed that Justin was looking at me, and I all I could think was, “Man! I really do look awful! “There were so many cute girls that were all dressed up with their hair poofed and their matching accessories and just felt like such a slob. Now Justin had only come to institute to meet a girl his mom wanted to line him up with. He only knew her name, but that was about it. (The funny thing is I found out later that it was an older sister of a boy that I had briefly dated, but we had ended things exactly a week before. Crazy, huh?) Class ended and I met up with a few friends outside the building for a bbq. The teachers had put together a bbq, so that everyone would have a chance to get to know each other. My friends and I started talking about random things, one of them brought up Guadalajara, and they wanted to know whether it was its own country or it was in Mexico? Our substitute teacher, who was also Justin's boss at the time, said, “I know someone who would know. He then introduced Justin to us. Justin served his mission in Mexico and Guadalajara is located there. (Now Justin had been leaning against the church not saying a word to anyone since class had ended) The night progressed and Justin didn't say a whole lot about himself, but he kept asking me questions about myself. I went to the high school to run a mile, thinking he would be gone when I got back, but he wasn't. He brought me a drink as soon as I returned and continued to ask me questions. Finally, after some time he found the courage to ask me for my number. I was shocked!!! He left and a few days passed and he still had not called. I just figured he lost interest or found a cuter girl. I had all ready made plans with someone else for Saturday night, so if we were going to go out that week, he was going to have to call me soon. Thursday night came and he finally called!! We went out Friday, Saturday, and every day after that.

No comments: