Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hooray!

After a month or so of stress and a lot of hard work, we are finally done signing papers and fixing up our investment property. Justin and his dad wired the whole house for ceiling fans; they put up some new lights, fixed the garage, installed a security door, installed blinds, got the water running and hooked up all the appliances. It only took a few days to get everything done, which was really nice, but we were worried about how long it would take to find a renter. So…I posted a few ads on craigslist and we were amazed at how quickly people started to respond with emails and phone calls. We had several people look at the house and were able to find tenants last weekend. They signed the papers and are moving in this week. We are so glad that we found some hard working, responsible people to rent from us and are a so relieved to be done.We're especially grateful that we found tenants before our cruise. One less thing to worry about :) Here are some pictures of the house. We are going to do the landscaping this spring and put in some more ceiling fans, but even without all of that I think it’s going to be a great home.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

The house looks great! I'm so glad that you were able to find renters quickly.

Sheree Flick Photography said...

O.K., so you totally inspired me to go to DI from you earlier post to find a shelf. So, with my fingers crossed I walked in after work and..... I FOUND ONE!!! I got the cute little "Target" shelf for $5.00 Thanks Fiola, I'm so excited!!! :)

Justin and Fiola said...

Oh...you're welcome. I am glad you found something :) I love finding things there and fixing them up.

Pamela Williams said...

how exciting. i know this post is pretty old but i havent checked your blog in a while...it sounds like you guys are really good with money