Monday, November 10, 2008

The last few weeks in a nutshell...

Well…these last few weeks have been somewhat busy.

· October 13th, Justin called me at work and said, “We’re going to Mexico!” I was a little confused, but then he explained himself. He said, “I booked a cruise with Carnival for the two of us for February 9th-14th.” I am so excited! Neither one of us has been on a cruise, so I’m sure it will be a blast! Happy valentine’s Day to us :)

· Justin turned 24 on October 22nd. I decorated our room and made a cheesy poster in the morning and then after work I bought him pizza, banana cream pie, and candy, and went to the drive –in. I know it wasn’t anything too luxurious or spectacular, but we enjoyed it and Justin is a really simple laid back guy, he doesn’t really like fancy food or anything super flashy! We watched “The Express” and “Lake View Terrace”. It was a lot of fun, neither one of us has been to the drive-in for years and we had never been together.

· Justin tested on October 28th and passed his written, physical, and oral exams, so if his background check and polygraph go well he will start the academy in March. I am so glad that he passed and that the tests are over because he was so stressed and to be honest I was stressed because he was!

· On October 30th I found out my brother Kitita and his wife Bridget, are having a BOY!! And…that my brother Anthony and his wife Stacey are expecting! I seriously feel like everyone is having babies right now! Justin’s sister Laura just had a little girl in August, and Afton, Brian’s wife is due at the end of this month, my cousin Luse just had a little girl in October, and I have three more cousins that are due in January! And…Justin and I have quite a few friends that are expecting. Apparently there is a baby race going on and nobody told me!

· October 31st, I went to Warm Springs with my in-laws and enjoyed the cool weather, the food, and the company. I got to see all my cute nieces and nephews in their Halloween costumes. Hanna was a cheerleader, Trevor was Iron Man, Kylie was Cinderella, Natalie was Piglet, Brielle was a skunk, and Sadie was a pea pod. They all looked adorable and had so much fun swimming and eating all of Grandma’s yummy snacks!







5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like it was a busy month! How fun of Justin to suprise you with a cruise! I'm so jealous!

jrbischoff said...

If there is a baby race you and I are about on the same pace! we both can lag behind!

Nycole said...

Nobody told me about the pregnancy race either! Hahaha! I am glad the tests are over too!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Fiola!!!! I love that you found my blog because that means it made it easier to find yours. I am totally adding you to my list. Now I can stock you...I am so glad things are going great for you. I love your wedding pictures and I heard some details from Sarah, but she doesnt say much....well to me anyhow. We both know that girl can talk. =) Talk to you later

Reid and Laura said...

BUSY BUSY!! I thought I was, but it is now a tie. I am bias and love the halloween photos. You know the turtle won the hare, you still have time to get in on the RACE!!! :)